All faculty, staff, and students are invited to attend an informational briefing on Data Governance, Information Security, and Web Accessibility on October 23, 2018, 10:00am, in ED 201.
Our guest speakers are:
- James “JT” Ash, HIPAA Compliance Officer, OVPIT & CIO
- Jodi Ito, Chief Information Security Officer, OVPIT & CIO
- Mitch Ochi, Director of CSCO, OVPIT & CIO
- Sandra Furuto, Director of Data Governance, OVAPP
- Emi Morita, Associate General Counsel, OVP Legal Affairs and University General Counsel
UH is subject to many different laws and regulations involving protection of sensitive information. The UH Data Governance Program (EP 2.215) provides oversight for the management of Institutional Data across the UH System and the UH Information Security Program and Data Classification Categories (EP 2.214) provides guidance on protecting UH sensitive data in compliance with the various regulations. This fall, a team comprised of the UH Data Governance Director, UH Chief Information Security Officer, Associate General Counsel, HIPAA Compliance Officer, & web accessibility coordinator will be visiting every campus to provide more information and guidance.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 10:00am to 1:00pm